Have you ever wondered what the benefits of professional teeth whitening are? Well, when you see your dentist instead of purchasing an over-the-counter product, you can often receive brighter results that last for longer periods, in addition to a reduction in sensitivity afterward. Ready to try our professional teeth whitening options? Want to learn more about what we offer our patients?
Try Our Quiz on Teeth Whitening
- True or False: Multiple factors can lead to stained teeth.
- True or False: We can brighten your teeth in one visit.
- True or False: You can remove teeth stains at home.
- True or False: We have lifelike restorations to mask stains.
- True. First, the foods and drinks we consume can lead to discoloration, such as foods high in sugar or drinks with dark pigments (like soda, red wine, coffee, and tea). In addition, smoking or tobacco use can cause yellow stains to form on your teeth. Finally, intrinsic stains, which form below the enamel, can develop as a result of injury to the teeth, fluorosis, or tetracycline use a young age.
- True. Our in-office procedure can easily address surface stains, also known as extrinsic discoloration. We will apply a powerful bleaching gel to the teeth and use a curing light to activate it, lifting the stains form the teeth and brightening them by as many as eight shades in some cases.
- True. For surface stains and minor intrinsic stains, we can recommend an at-home alternative. We provide you with a set of trays and a bleaching gel. Patients fill the trays with gel and wear them for about one to two hours a day (depending on the dentist’s recommendation). Optimal results take between one and two weeks.
- True. For serious intrinsic stains, teeth whitening may not be enough. Fortunately, we can mask them with veneers, dental bonding, or a combination of the two.
ABOUT YOUR SKOKIE, IL, COSMETIC DENTIST:
Dr. Brent Engelberg and our highly-skilled team proudly serve patients and their families from Arlington Heights, IL, and all surrounding communities, including: Northbrook, Deerfield, Highland Park, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Vernon Hills, Lincolnshire, Libertyville, Skokie, Evanston, Palatine, Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village, Rolling Meadows, and the Northern and Northwest Chicago Suburbs. To learn more, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at 847-259-8030.