We’re always excited for the chance to help a patient rebuild his or her smile. Replacing missing teeth can be a boost for oral health and a patient’s appearance. For minor tooth loss, we often recommend placing a dental bridge. Are you ready to try a dental bridge to enjoy a whole and beautiful smile once again?
Try Our Quiz on Dental Bridges
- True or False: Missing teeth can lead to poor oral health.
- True or False: A bridge will be custom-made.
- True or False: We can discuss how to maintain your prosthetic.
- True or False: We can support them with dental implants.
- True. When we lose a tooth, the surrounding teeth may actually move from their positions. This drift occurs as a result of the gap in your smile, leading to the onset of misalignment. An uneven smile can increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Missing teeth also place pressure on the jaw joints, which can lead to a greater risk of TMJ disorder and bruxism.
- True. We begin by preparing a tooth next to the gap (we don’t always have to use teeth on both sides of the gap), removing structure to make room for the prosthetic. We then take detailed impressions, which helps us fabricate a lifelike prosthetic. The bridge will consist of a porcelain crown attached to a pontic (replacement tooth). We then place the crowns onto the prepare teeth, which then anchors the new teeth in place.
- True. You will need to floss and brush your teeth, prosthetic included, daily. You will also need to clean in the space between the top of the gums and the bottom of the prosthetic, where food can accumulate. We will discuss how to clean and maintain your new teeth in greater detail at the office.
- True. In some cases, we may use dental implants to secure your new teeth instead of crowns, offering greater stability.
ABOUT YOUR DEERFIELD, IL, COSMETIC DENTIST:
Dr. Brent Engelberg and our highly-skilled team proudly serve patients and their families from Arlington Heights, IL, and all surrounding communities, including: Northbrook, Deerfield, Highland Park, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Vernon Hills, Lincolnshire, Libertyville, Skokie, Evanston, Palatine, Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village, Rolling Meadows, and the Northern and Northwest Chicago Suburbs. To learn more, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at 847-259-8030.